Sheri-D Wilson is an Alberta Appointed Marriage Commissioner serving the City of Calgary and surrounding areas. She is in her 60’s and you can depend on professional conduct and a regal decorum. She has performed hundreds of Marriage Ceremonies and is truly passionate and dedicated to creating a space that will inspire beauty and trust.
Sheri-D has already earned a reputation for her unique and meaningful ceremonies, balancing professionalism and lightheartedness equally. She feels it is important that her clients relax and enjoy their Wedding Day so she provides Customized Marriage Ceremonies to suit each couple.
It is also important for her to provide exceptional customer service. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for The Calgary Spoken Word Society—dedicated to giving voice to all people.
Sheri-D is an active advocate and spokesperson of the LGBTQ community and a mentor to many young people.
- Popular Provincial Marriage Commissioner
- Appointed to the Order of Canada, 2019
- Poet Laureate of Calgary (12 books of poetry), 2018-2020
- Awarded Honorary Doctorate of Letters (D. Litt), 2017
- City of Calgary Community Achievement Arts Award, 2014
- Best of Calgary (2007, 2013, 2018- 2020)
- Woman of Vision Award, 2012
- Artistic Director of the Calgary Spoken Word Festival (2003-2014)
- Founder & Director of The Spoken Word Program at The Banff Centre (2005-2012)
- Teacher and Educator
- Feminist and Activist for the Prevention of Violence Against Women
- Active member in the local writing community
Praise for Sheri-D
“I highly recommend Sheri-D Wilson, who is also the Poet Laureate of Calgary, if you are looking for an amazing officiant for your wedding. Excellent communication from the beginning. Remarkable ceremony…. it was meaningful and yet still had enough levity to relax the guests. I am very grateful to Sheri-D for providing us with such a remarkable ceremony and presence.” – Courtney B.