Sheri-D Wilson is an Alberta Appointed Marriage Commissioner serving the City of Calgary and surrounding areas. She is in her 50’s and you can depend on a professional conduct and a regal decorum. She has performed hundreds of Marriage Ceremonies and is truly passionate and dedicated to creating a space which will inspire beauty and trust.
Sheri-D has already earned a reputation for her unique and meaningful ceremonies, balancing professionalism and lightheartedness equally. She feels it is important that her clients relax and enjoy their Wedding Day so she provides Customized Marriage Ceremonies to suit each couple.
It is also important for her to provide exceptional customer service. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for The Calgary Spoken Word Society—dedicated to giving voice to all people.
Sheri-D is an active advocate and spokesperson of the LGBTQ community, and a mentor to many young people.
- Popular as a Provincial Marriage Commissioner
- Poet Laureate of Calgary (with ten books of poetry)
- Awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Letters, in 2017 (D. Litt)
- City of Calgary Community Achievement Arts Award, 2014
- Best of Calgary (2007, 2018, 2019, 2013, 2018)
- Woman of Vision Award, 2012
- Artistic Director of the Calgary Spoken Word Festival (2003-2014)
- Founder & Director of The Spoken Word Program at The Banff Centre (2005-2012)
- Teacher and Educator
- Feminist and Activist for the Prevention of Violence Against Women
- Active member in local writing community