What is a Marriage Commissioner?
A Marriage Commissioner is a person with the legal authority to perform civil marriages. Tying the knot with a Marriage Commissioner is an alternative to traditional religious services.
Arranging a Meeting
First contact Sheri-D Wilson to arrange a convenient time to meet and discuss your ceremony wishes.
Whether it be thoughtful, romantic, sophisticated, fun-filled, poetic—or a bit of all of the above, this is your opportunity to work with Sheri-D to create a ceremony that best expresses who you are.
Obtaining a Marriage License
Please refer to: Service Alberta Website-Getting Married.
Marriage License Requirements
Please refer to: Service Alberta Website-Getting Married
A Few More Points To Remember
- It is unlawful to be married without a Marriage License
- It is unlawful to be married while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- It is unlawful to be married without two adult witnesses
- Remember, both parties to the marriage must apply together for their marriage license
- Blood tests are not required